Do you think Driverless cars sound like a bad idea? They're not. Check the statistics. There are many things people do well but driving, apparently, is not one of them.
Annual United States Road Crash Statistics
- Over 37,000 people die in road crashes each year
- An additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled
- Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year
- Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20
- Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
- Road crashes are the single greatest annual cause of death of healthy U.S. citizens traveling abroad
| || |
Development of "self driving cars" has been going on for a long time.
Here is a recap!
Go for a ride in a Tesla self driving car! This entire trip was done "driver free". When you get to the end and the driver vacates the car . . . stick with it . . . because he sends a message for the car to go park someplace. The car does that with nobody inside!
Volvo Self Driving Car Goes Live On Public Roads In 2017
| || |
Published on May 1, 2015
Volvo will have 100 Self-Driving Cars being used by the public on the road by 2017. They can only use specific routes in Self-Driving Mode but it is amazing. Volvo Drive Me XC90 2016 Self-Driving car.